deer plow type bumpers

Who makes deer-plow style bumpers? I've found one brand called "Ranch Hand". How many other brands are there??

pretty sturdy.

You might simple try the "whistles" that they make that you place on front bumber if you are worried about a deer strike. I have used them for many years and I have driven through game infested areas back east and in great plains in rocky mountain areas and I have never even come closed to hitting one. They give of a harmonic sound the spooks them off or away from road. Simple but effective. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

I doubt if it was the deer whistles that kept the deer away. It was probably the stench of that 90w gearlube that you spray the nether regions of your truck with...
Denny

"no published research verifies the device's effectiveness" http://advance.uconn.edu/2002/021118/02111812.htm "All in all, the air-fed whistles do not make sense to me acoustically, " states Scheifele http://www.startribune.com/397/story/791551.html "There's no solid scientific evidence that the devices actually reduce deer crashes http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/bio99/bio99110.htm "those little whistles do NOT affect deer at all.
My own expierence with deer whistles is the vehicle with them got fives times as many deer strikes more than the vehicle w/o. So in my case these whistles 'seems' to cause deer strikes.

I might have known......
Mike
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 08:45:40 -0500, Mike Simmons wrote:

so are you gonna buy some whistles now Mike?
-Chris 05 CTD 06 Liberty CRD

beekeep

It's tuff sometimes.... it REALLY is....
;^)
Mike

So typical. The OP ask's about bumpers and you reply with a story about whistle's. You really can't seem to help yourself.
Oh, those whistles? When a deer and a moose come through your windshield they break.

Vlad wrote:

guards on the market these days are not very sturdy, and seem to be for looks only. I'v heard good things about Ranch Hand. You might also look at Kennesaw Mountain www.kenmtn.com
--
.boB
2006 FXDI hot rod

Kennesaw Mountian has a bad reputation. I hope this isn't too late. I found this scam warning this morning and I remembered them being mentioned here. See: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?tT6007
--
Ken

to avoid or who were questionable.

Road Armor, Ruenel, ProZap, Buckstop, Ute, Warn... to name a few