Diesel for Dakota?

Note the horsepower and torque figures. I think it'd look good under the hood of a Dakota. At least.

AP

Reply to
Alan Petrillo

Anything that takes sales away from the Dodge Ram will not happen. Not even if its a great idea. I would LOVE a Diesel Dak, but I know it will not happen any time soon since people these days are not looking for a mid sized Diesel with good fuel economy. They just want the biggest fuel guzzler they can find.

Trey

There's a diesel Jeep Liberty nowadays.

Ed

Edward L. Dowdy

I took a look at one at the denver auto show. A lot more expensive than gas, and about the same economy and power. I didn't see any advantage over gas.

Reply to
.boB

This is true, but a Liberty is not a truck, OR a Dodge. Sure they are all part of the same big family, but I think most people in the smaller SUV market are not looking at trucks too, are they?

I dont know if the Diesel Liberty is available in CA is it? I heard that it didnt meet some stupid CA reg... just like the Jetta TDI. Somehting about not costing enough at the fuel pumps to make it worth it to the fuel companie... er, I mean.. uh.. something about soot or the cat. ;-)

Reply to
Trey

hell, I'd be happy with a diesel option for the ram.. a 1/2 ton with a diesel would be cool..

I haven't seen one since the Mitso "mighty max" in the 80's..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Hmm, that would be nice too!

I talked to the Isuzu guy when I was at the auto show a while back, actually, managed to talk to the head rep that traines all the other reps (as if that makes him any kind of authority). I asked about the Isuzu D-Max, he said Isuzu should be importing it with a few Diesel options in about two years. Just hope CA lets them sell it here!

Reply to
Trey

I took a Liberty CRD diesel for a ride, they are powerfull but the torque band is narrow. It falls on its ass when you wind it up. You have too at 60 mph+. It needs more gears or a flater torque band.

Reply to
dick

yeah, but that took a LOT of modification Its not even a Ram Cummins. I would like something like a 250HP 4L Diesel with the Alison trans behind it for the Dak. Yeah, big huge power is nice and fun until about the second trip to the gas station. my next truck will get 25-30 MPG. It wont pull a house at 90 MPH, it wont blow the doors off your buddy's car. But you know what? thats not what I want! I want something economical with fair power (both HP AND torque) and good utility.

Reply to
Trey

Suddenly, without warning, mac davis exclaimed (4/15/2005 3:55 PM):

Huh. Didn't know they made a diesel Mighty Max. Probably just wasn't available in my area. I had two gas versions - first was an 88, next was a 91. Nice little truck, actually.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

they were said to be "almost bullet proof" engines.... I didn't buy one because the turbo diesel option was only available in 4x4..