Diesel Fuel Prices

Page 1 of 3  
Hi All,
I found this article today ... 5/10/2005. According to the article we should have started to see drops in diesel fuel pricing 2 weeks ago.
It's the same here in north Dallas. I pay $2.28 and have been for 6-8 weeks. Anyone seeing a change yet?
http://fleetowner.com/news/diesel_price_energy_041205 /
Craig C.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
$2.33-$2.48 is the lowest price here in UT. Haven't seen diesel fuel drop at all.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
same here in mid GA diesel around 2.25 - 2.33 and gas has taken a slight drop from 2.07 to 2.04

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Diesel (and unleaded regular) is $1.999 here in Tulsa, OK...

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
man i wish it was under $2 here in GA even if it was just under 2 like in tulsa clay. that extra 5 to 7 cents is eating me up feeding that v10 everyday on the commute to work....thank God the drive isnt any farther than it is!

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@metronet.com wrote:

Feel Happy, here in the Puget sound we are still at 2.69 to 2.75
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Happy" is never the feeling I get when talking about oil companies, even when prices are low. I wasn't interested in talking about oil company "bend-over-demographics". I was just wondering if anyone had seen a drop in pricing, regardless of their location.
I'm sure there is a "good" reason why diesel is higher in Puget than in Dallas. ;)
Craig C.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
$2.17 and up in San Antonio. Gas has dropped to $1.99 in a lot of stations, and I saw one dumpy raghead conv. store yesterday at $1.97 Diesel hasn't dropped one cent. It is usually cheaper at the truck stops east of town going towards Houston, but I haven't been out that way in some time. I got a Chevy p/u Diesel and the lockup solenoid in the trans is bad. Haven't gotten around to getting it fixed. but need to pretty soon. It has knocked off about 3+ mpg. Actually I am pretty surprised gas is dropping with Memorial Day coming up. I figured it would hit $3.00 or close, in time for summer vacations. Larry
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Gas prices will go back up soon enough. They are being lowered (for now) in order to slow the rush to higher mileage vehicles. As for the expected drop in diesel prices, don't count on it being all that great. The oil companies have already made the claim that they simply don't have the refinery capacity to handle demand so they have the perfect excuse to maintain higher prices. Diesel prices tended to drop in the spring due to the reduced need for home heating fuel but with this cold spring and the high price of gas, the resources used for home heating fuel have been needed longer than usual and are now being used to refine gas and keep the prices a little lower in the hopes of keeping Americans out of smaller and more fuel efficient cars.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Please explain exactly how the gas companies control the price in this manner. Nice liberal story but how about some facts to back up your claim that gas companies artificially control prices to slow the rush to higher mileage vehicles. Do oil future investors know about this? Too funny.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Paranoia runs rampant with that guy.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

LOL, and failure to see the obvious seems to run rampant with you.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Obvious that you have no facts to backup your claim. All you have is your warped liberal opinion. Believe what you want but until you show proof then its just your warped liberal mind at work.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Back to the "nuthin but name callin" tactic again, huh Miles? Exactly what proof do you expect to find? Do you really think that the oil companies publish this stuff, LOL!!! As for providing facts, you should be the last one to talk. I have yet to see you post a fact to back up anything that you claim and when asked, simply delete that part of the post on your response.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving




Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

If the shoe fits.

If companies are artificially controlling prices through some illegal mechanism then yes, there should be proof available. Instead you just give me your personal opinions and call it proof. In actuality your beliefs are just based on what suits your own warped viewpoints. At least you admit you have no proof.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And with you it currently does.

LOL, really? I suspect that if they are then yes, there is some proof somewhere but that doesn't mean that I or anyone else will be able to find it. There are plenty of unsolved crimes and mysteries in the world because the "proof" either doesn't exist or is hidden too well to be found. Then again, perhaps they are simply shifting resources for their best gain which is not illegal at all.

Actually Miles, you are the one that is providing the opinions that make what I say true. You are the one that says over and over that it is the consumer will be the force that will drive new technology and I agree with you on this. The part that you try to hide from is the motivation the consumer needs to do it. Oh wait, you have given the motivation for the consumer, economic feasibility. So let's see, according to YOU, the consumer will drive the move to newer and more econonomic forms of energy as long as it is economically feasable and the one thing that will make it that way is a high enough price for the current fuel that we use. Now if you happen to be the manufacturer of the older fuel and want to eliminate the motivation to move to something else, how would you accomplish that. Gee, I don't know, how about lower the price to the consumer that has the greatest effect?!?!?!?!

The funny thing is that you have no proof to prove what I say is wrong and just about everything that I'm saying is based on observations that YOU have made which would make you as warped as you accuse me of being.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

So this is your proof? An idea in your head that some conspiracy MUST exist because it just makes sense that it does? Always the conspiracy in the liberal mind. Never fails.

ROFL!! The old backasswards argument. Classic and still funny! I have to prove that there is no conspiracy otherwise your paranoid mind must be right?

No TBone. It is only you that draws the conclusion that a conspiracy must exist.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Where do you get this conspiracy thing from? Is this a right wing thing, sorta like your liberal accusations???

I never claimed there to ba any conspiracy. I simply said that there was pressure being put on the oil companies to get the price of gas down. You are the one always asking for proof and yet, never delivering any of your own. If you think that I amn wrong, prove it for a change.

Nope. the only one saying conspiracy is you.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Miles,
I believe you and I have had discussions in the past that were fairly non-productive. Mainly, because you're quick to start labeling. i.e. "liberal <insert adjective here>". I hope that won't be the case here. BTW, in acse you forgot ... I'm not a democrat/liberal, although I believe you have accused me of such.
On to the issue at hand:
Price per barrel is down from a few weeks ago ... yes? Demand for diesel is down due to warming weather ... yes? Why then, is the price at the pump remaining constant?
It's awfully coincidental that DC, GM and Ford do NOT have a decent lineup of diesel/alternative energy vehicles to market ... wouldn't you say? Although I doubt TBone can prove his theory, there is no doubt that oil companies and vehicle manufacturers are in bed together. It's self preservation. His theory is not too terribly far fetched, IMO.
I am also interested in knowing why oil companies rake in record profits during times when ppb (NOT demand) is increasing. That makes no sense ... unless they artificially inflating the price in their favor for <insert your favorite conspiracy theory here>.
We're all getting bent over by the oil companies without the godamn common courtesy of a reach-around.
;) Craig C.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
But GM and Toyota are joining forces to share the expense of hydrogen powered vehicles. Hopefully their research will produce a viable option. I know for a fat that I would buy a hydrogen powered vehicle in a heartbeat if the price was right.
--
_________________________
Laszlo Almasi
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.