Diesel in a 1976 Dodge sportsman van?

Is it possible to put a diesel engine into 1976 Dodge sportsman van? Has anyone heard of someone doing it?
Thanks!
John

Do you have the money? Then it can be done. One way or another.
--
Budd Cochran

Yup, a whole bunch of money.
Biggest problem will be finding an engine that will fit in the confined space, assuming you have the money.
--
Max

Put it behind the seat in the cargo area then use a boat "Vee" drive . . . . .
"Whadaya mean ya can't haul cargo or passengers? Hey, ya got a diesel now."
--
Budd Cochran

Sure, you can. You'd need about half gasoline to get it started, and it would not run very well when it's cold. I've also heard of using a dual tank system, and use kerosene after the motor is warmed up. Worked on old farm equipment, but not sure modern vehicles would put up with that.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

BUY a Sprinter van it would be cheaper in the long run!!!
About 1990, I knew a guy who worked at landfill, running the heavy equipment. It was a hundred yards or so from the maintenance barn to the landfill. Someone dropped off an old vehicle, that he didn't want any more. They used it as a runabout, on the landfill property. Probably woulda not passed a safety inspect. But who cares, it's never on the road. He said one day he was fueling all the equipment, so he pulled it up to the diesel pump and cranked er full. His comment was "it never did run right after that". He didn't say it died stone cold, so I'm guessing it did run some what.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.