diesel power programmers

do you have one ? what is it on ? what do you like abought it ? any dislikes ?

Reply to
Chad

I have a Smarty "stacked" with a TST PowerMax 3 on an '01 3500 quad cab 4x4 HO / six speed. Smarty for low end power and TST for top end. Smarty can smoke like a freight train, TST barely smokes at all if Smarty isn't programmed. Likes, power, TST can be adjusted on the fly, I have the remote version, Smarty requires the truck to be off to program, dislikes, clutch slipage...

Reply to
BigIronRam

Huh? TST was "THE" low-end fueler of choice, well before Marco got around to producing the Smarty.

IMO - with the newest variant of the TST PMCR, offering three different base fueling curves, low and high-RPM adjustments to those fuel curves, adjustable timing, duration, and fuel pressure - along with EGT and boost de-fueling (not to mention a cool-down timer and rail pressure gauge, along with EGT and boost gauges), I don't see why the majority of people would need to look any further.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

The PMCR works on an '01?

Reply to
BigIronRam

Well, that's another idiot point in my column... :)

Sorry about that... I got confused with another thread, and thought the OP was asking about an '03. I now see that the OP didn't specify what year he was asking about (pretty important info. when asking about power-adders).

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I'd throw some rocks at you if it wasn't for the fact I live in a glass house... ;-)

I've NEVER misread anything before, nosireee, not me... lol

Reply to
BigIronRam