Diesel prices dropping

Page 2 of 2

The prices here waited till gasoline rose, then diesel rose along with it for a few days then dropped.
I can get #2 diesel at Murphey USA/Wal-Mart for $2.51.9 while gasonline remains in the $2.7x range

Las Vegas:
Unleaded $3.21 Diesel $2.99
California, near $4
wrote

Part of the reason for cheap fuel prices where I am at is due to closeness of Mexico. Just run across the border for fuel under $2 a gallon.
For most vehicles with only 15 gallon fuel tank that not be worth it, but in my case with 55 gallons, certainly worth it.
Central coast of California, where the Prices are usually higher than what I hear on the radio as being the highest (usually Hawaii):
Reg. Unleaded $3.499 (Paid today) Diesel -about $3
I've seen some gas stations upto $3.64 for reg. unleaded. I don't pay much attention to diesel cost except as a curiosity.
A co-worker has a diesel Chevy with a 34 gal. tank and 105 gal. transfer tank in the bed. He lives in Oregon, works a week on/week off schedule and doesn't buy diesel in Ca, because he can make the round trip with what he carries. Anyway, yesterday he said it's about $2.50 in Oregon.
wrote

GeekBoy wrote:

Diesel seems to have remained about the same. Gasoline has risen to about that price.
--
.boB
2006 FXDI hot rod