Diesel question

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone here has has used propane injection as a milage booster. I have little knowledge about propane injection, other than ads and articles that proclaim tremendous milage gains. I don't believe the milage claims but think there may be enough of an increase to warrant a more detailed examination of propane injection.

No, I do not have a diesel at this time, but it never hurts to research options.

Please no "It doesn't work" comments unless there has been first hand use so you can back it up details of your experience.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any info that may come from it.

I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it! snipped-for-privacy@charter.net Remove the x for e-mail reply

A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!

Reply to
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard

SnoMan

I agree. Not only for the cost of installation and propane, but for the sense of adding a fuel that will start burning way before TDC (which works against your engine). It seems to me propane injection (unless it's injected under pressure at the proper time somehow) would almost serve to ignite the diesel fuel more rapidly (since there'll be a fire in the chamber already when the diesel fuel is injected) and let it burn more completely. Most, if not all, of the energy gained from the propane burning after TDC would be absorbed by the fire happening before TDC. But it probably will make the diesel fuel burn more completely.

Reply to
Olaf