Diesel Question

Page 2 of 2

where are you getting b100? are you brewing yourself? any stability problems? how much did you loose on the 100?
the only station selling bio in this area, is actually in centerville and sells b20 along with regular petrol. i havent noticed a reduction in noise on the liberty or the ram with the b20, maybe its not diluted enough to quieten them much. my only other problem is im spending more at KFC.
im glad to hear that people are running the bio, ive been a long time proponet of bio fuels, the infastucture is already in place to dist.
--
-Chris
05 CTD
Christopher Thompson wrote:

Try this: http://www.biodiesel.org/buyingbiodiesel/retailfuelingsites / S.A. White oil company sells it here. I bought a tank of B100 from them to see how my truck would run on it before I started making my own. I lost about 1.5 mpg on that tank. So far I've made 60 gallons but I haven't burned any of that yet. There shouldn't be any stability problems with it in warm weather. B100 starts to jell somewhere around 40F. I'm going to have to experiment with different blends in the freezer this fall. It rarely goes below 20F here in the winter so I'm going to shoot for a blend good down to 15F in the colder months. -- Ken
Try this: http://www.biodiesel.org/buyingbiodiesel/retailfuelingsites / S.A. White oil company sells it here. I bought a tank of B100 from them to see how my truck would run on it before I started making my own. I lost about 1.5 mpg on that tank. So far I've made 60 gallons but I haven't burned any of that yet. There shouldn't be any stability problems with it in warm weather. B100 starts to jell somewhere around 40F. I'm going to have to experiment with different blends in the freezer this fall. It rarely goes below 20F here in the winter so I'm going to shoot for a blend good down to 15F in the colder months.
--
Ken

thats the info i was looking for. im south of you a little ways and have