We recently bought brand new Dodge Ram '05. We used it tow our travel
trailer during the summer and now it will be parked for the next 8 or 9
months. We live near the sea, so the air is constantly humid and their
is a significant amount of airborne "salt mist". The truck is parked
in a garage, but the garage to big windows that have nothing but metal
bars on the, so that the outside air circulates freely through the
So my question is what should I do to ensure that our Dodge Ram CTD
remains in top notch condition and is not harmed by the 8 to 9 months
of being parked in a humid and saline environment?
1. How often should I start-it up?
2. When I start-up should I run it n the highway for a some time?
3. Is there anything I need to do to the fuel (like put a stabilizer in
4. What about the engine oil?Do need to change it before we embark on
our annual summer trip?
5. Should I disconnet the batteties?
Thanks in advance for your input.