Diesel Vans

Why doesn't Dodge put their diesel engine in the van. If they would do this, I'd buy a new van tomorrow

The Cummins engine is too tall and too long to fit in a standard passenger van, or the cargo equivalent. It certainly won't fit in the so called "mini van". However, since Dodge now makes a "Sprinter" under both Dodge and Freightliner badges, you CAN get a diesel, a Mercedes at that, which gets very good MPG figures according to all I've read.
--
Max

The Jeep Liberty comes in diesel so that engine would probably fit in a van.
Sarge
stillrolling wrote:

Dodge no longer produces a full size van. Ford and chevy are your only choices, and I think (but could be wrong) that they are available with a diesel.
--
.boB
Arrived: 2006 FXDI, Red.
.boB wrote:

Basically an imported Mercedes Benz with a 5 cyl turbo diesel. It's available in 3 different lengths and 2 different heights. Starts at $29,380 USD.
John
JPH wrote:

The problem with the Sprinter is that if you do not want one in white with strange options you have to wait 6 months to get it.
Even worse, you would be ordering a discontinued leftover because the Sprinter was redesigned and the factories in Germany only produce the redesigned model which will not be here until Winter.
So if you want a leftover that sat on a lot in Europe and then was broken down, shipped and reassembled then order a Sprinter now.
Or wait 8 months to get the new one ordered.
.