Differential whine

I purchased a 2003 Ram van 1500 a month ago. There's a strange kind of a whine in the rear wheels when turning to the right or left. A friend of mine
said this is typical of differentials with positraction. Is this true? Or does it represent a problem? Turning the truck is the only time I hear this noise. Clark
Clark wrote:

That noise is not typical with posi/LSD. How many miles? Dodge diffs are pretty famous for dying at about 60-80K miles. Rebuild costs about $850 around here.
--
.boB
Arrived: 2006 FXDI, Red.
.boB wrote:

My 01 Dakota R/T w/3.92 LSD has done it since brand new.
Turns it out it was the u-joint making the noise.
Clark

Thanks for the post-back.
Ken