dim lights on ram

i have a 99 ram1500 quad cab the headlight is really dim on the drivers side even after changing bulb, but the passenger side is fine i did hit something on that side 2 years back but was fixed at shop. any ideas?
thank you
ramdodge wrote:

Summit Racing has a conversion wiring harness that should solve your problem. It's a complete kit with everything you need, and it's on a clearance sale for $20. I got one of these but haven't installed it yet. I'm planning on doing it this weekend after I'm finished with my oil and grease zerk fun. It's not very complicated. Installation should take less than half an hour. See: http://tinyurl.com/buxg8 -- Ken
Nosey wrote:

BTW, this harness won't fit if your truck has the quad "Sport" headlights. -- Ken
thank you for your help will try
I don't think he has an aftermarket headlight/bulb. The OEM wiring is fine for the OEM bulb. It sounds more like you have a bad ground wire to the dim bulb. Trace the headlight's ground wire back to where it is grounded to the chassis and check the quality of the connection.
John
thank you for your help
John wrote:

Good point, John. It could be a simple ground problem causing the trouble. IMHO, this harness is a worthwhile upgrade to the OEM headlight wiring even if you aren't having any problems. It does apply to OEM headlights/bulbs. It reduces the voltage drop at the headlights that Dodge designed into the system to begin with, as well as any voltage drop caused by dirty connections and aging wiring. The result is brighter headlights, and longer bulb and headlight switch life. -- Ken