Do JET performance chips work?

Does anyone know if JET performance chips work and are they worth the money? I have a 2004 RAM 1500 quadcab with 5.7L Hemi with A/T. I purchased a
programmer III plug in tuner and it did not really do anything for the performance.
I tried one on my Dakota and it didn't work and they refused to give me a refund. Pull a twenty out of your wallet, set it on fire and watch it burn until it is all gone, you've spent less and got more enjoyment.
@alltel.net says...

Bought 1 for my 02 Dakota 4.7 auto. Made 2 dyno pulls ( my freind has a portable dyno he takes to car shows so some guys can have bragging rights) 1st pull without the Jet chip show a horsepower of 238. 2nd pull on dyno with the Jet chip installed ( it only takes about 2 minutes to install on the Dakota) showed a horsepower of 257!! 19 more HP, This is with the stage 1 Chip, as the only mods I have are cat back exsaust and cold air intake. Not bad for 2 min work!! But the Chips are PRICEY!!! Hope this helps.

The Jet chip I had (stage 1) was in series with the comp. and while it provided initial gains based on laptop dyno software eventually the gains went away as the internal comp compensated for the chip.