DODGE 1500 3.2L 318 VACUUM PROBLEM

At about 2000 rpm my truck will change the air flow from pushing air out of the front dash to pushing air to the defrost! I am sure its a vacuum problem but am having trouble identifying where the problem is at. The truck will also act like its vapor locking after about thirty minutes of driving unless i keep it at about 1500 t0 1700 rpms then it will take as long as an hour before the problem shows itself, am getting about 9 to 10 mpg also can someone help me?

Reply to
GENEBLAKE

Sounds like a vacuum leak. Start with the intake and move outward from the engine along hoses, etc.

Reply to
Max Dodge

could be the vacuum check valve gone bad.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

The one guy I knew, he spotted vacuum leaks by take the air cleaner off. Start the motor, and idle it. Spray ether starting spray on the vac lines. When he found the leak, the engine sound would change. I guess you could try this with a non flammable liquid, if you wanted to be safer. Non flammable brake cleaner, maybe?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you were to use a non-flammable fluid then the engine noise would not change.

Reply to
TBone

AM HAVING TROUBLE LOCATING THE VACUUM CELINOID! AND AND FEELING VERY PERPLEXED.

Reply to
GENEBLAKE