Dodge CTD vs Dodge 360 gas

Better that I keep it and use it occasionally, in fact sparingly (re: pretty much when my diesel is immobile due to one of my various 'projects') rather than let it fall into the hands of some eco-enemy, who will no doubt gallavant all over the north-east countryside, spewing it's billionths of tons of pollutants on the unsuspecting lichen and tree moss indiginous to the area.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Damn...I wish I could "gallavant" around again..............sigh

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Oh, so sue me for not using the damn spell-checker :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

:)

Wow ... here you go getting passionate again.

Being a tree hugger myself, I had to think long and hard about owning a diesel since they are capable for producing more pollution than a gas engine. However, I do believe that bio-diesel is the future of diesel fuel. Which, so far, has very promising stats when it comes to pollution. I think that we will be able to start using it within the next year, here in Dallas.

We, as a nation, are in the process of rounding the corner, finally, on alternative fuel vehicles. Until that becomes the mainstream, we are bound by our own ignorance (lack of public transportation in most cites and urban sprawl requiring long commutes).

However, the future is bright compared to 25 years ago.

Your technical sense of humor is always good for a laugh. However, it isn't the loss of moss that chaps my ass. It's when I coast over a hill at 190 and Midway and I see a greenish-grey ring surrounding the city. That's not good for anything or anyone.

Craig C.

Reply to
craig

The newer diesel engines (from Europe and Germany in particular) are really quite clean running, and on a long ride, give better fuel economy than even the hybrids that are becoming all the rage.

The [German] diesel has lost out to the hybrid [Japanese] in the push for higher mileage vehicles. Hybrid probably has the edge in lower pollutants, but the new, small, turbocharged diesels aren't bad at all! Combine that with a cleaner burning biodiesel fuel and one seems to have a winner.

SMH

Reply to
Stephen Harding