Dodge dakota 2001 heating problem

I have had a problem the bottom heating vents at feet level since purchase. I attempted to have problem corrected in Nov 2001. Nothing was fixed.
Last week I brought it back to dealer who had the heater scanned. He
said it is either a malfunction with vent or the heater motor. He will enstall the motor (the cheapest alternative). I don't that is the problem . I think with the other heating vents working fine that is not the problem.
Anybody else experieced the same problem and what was the cause?
Kindly reply by posting only. Thanks.......Big Doug