Dodge Dakota brake/ABS lights.

Every morning I get in my 1998 Dodge Dakota, 3.9L, Auto tran. 2WD, start it up and drive approximately 7 miles. I then park it, where it sits for approximately one hour. I then start it for the return trip.
When I start it this second time, without fail the brake and ABS lights will remain on. This has been going on for better than a year. The speedometer works fine as does the cruise control. So do the brakes.
If I start it later in the day, if it has been idle for three or four hours, the lights go off. If it has been a shorter time, they may or may not remain on.
I changed the differential speed sensor about a 18 months ago when the lights came on, stayed on and the speedometer started to fluctuate. At the time, I got an OBDII scan done at the place that does my brakes and they came up with no fault codes, however, advised that I probably would solve the problem by changing the sensor. It did for about six months, then this (described above) started happening.
Any one got a clue?
Frank

The ABS controller will not set any ODBII codes but it does store error codes of its own. You have to look at the FSM for the method. Mine did the same thing and it was not the speed sensor. Fortunately for me, I only have rear ABS and just disconnected the damn controller (had to get it into inspection and would never pass with those two light lit) and have not had a problem since. If you have 4 wheel ABS or want it to work, get it into the dealer for them to read the codes from the ABS controller to see where the real problem possibly lies. You could also flush out your brake system and check the flexible / replace anything damaged as that may clear it up as well. Also, don't forget that the 4 wheel system has speed sensors on the front wheels as well and if one of those sensors or harness is failing, you will also get the ABS light even though your speedo is working normally.