Dodge Dakota Handling

The 2002 Dakota has a hell of a bounce in the backend when going over potholes or bad roadways. Almost lost control today on a highway doing 60 MPH. I hit a bad stretch of road. Is this normal? I have an open bed no cap. Is there something that can be done to lesson the bounce?

Thanks

Reply to
John Smith Jones

Change the shocks. Let some air out of the tires. Put some weight in the back.

Reply to
.boB

That sounds like bad shocks.

Reply to
TBone

Yep, let some air out of the tires. I have a fiberglass cap on a 6' bed. With 32psi in the rear tires the hopping stooped and the tires wear even.

JAM

Reply to
Johnny Thunder