dodge duranto transmission replace it now or later?

We have a 2000 dodge durango with 130K miles on it. 5.2L v8 auto transmission w/transmission cooler package. Recently the transmission has stopped shifting from 1st to 2nd gear at 'normal' engine RPMs and it shifts
when reving the engine above 'normal' rpms. once the truck is going in 2nd it seems to shift fine to other gears... any suggestions? I'm thinking time to flush, & replace transmission fluid/filter. could it be a transmission speed sensor or just a matter of time before it completely dies?
jo
jo wrote:

I hope the fluid and filter have been changed a few times by 130K. I'd change both and see if it helps (Flush and drop pan). It could be quite a few things that really aren't major. Have a shop check it out when dropping the pan to change the filter.

Adjust the front band according to the FSM.
It's definitely just a matter of time before it dies, if this is going to be the first time the fluid/filter has been changed.