Dodge Emergency Brake Replacement

Does anyone know where I can find an inexpensive tool to remove the bolt holding on the hub on a rear brake assemebly for a 2001 3500 Ram? it looks like and 21/2" socket, but Napa says its a specila socket
costing $162 !!! Any ideas from someone who has replace the E-brake pads? Thanks!!!!
On Mar 24, 12:22 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Call your local tool rental; it's a pretty common rental item.

What's the napa guy trying to sell you a spline drive impact socket???

This is the way to go.

What? I bought one of these from NAPA for around $20. I just went in the shop and looked - it's a KD Tools 2-9/16" socket, part# 2437. I found it on mytoolstore.com for $24.25:
http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdbrak13.html#2437
If we're talking about the hub nut on a 70 rear axle make sure you get the rounded hex, not a normal hex. I found them in my local industrial tool/equipment store for $22. http://quad4x4.com/4x4%20Tools.htm#QT1009 scroll down to QT1009 John