Dodge interior parts

I have an 04 dodge quad cab with the fold down drink holders. I had mounted a 2-way radio to the face of it and now my department is going to digital

2-way radios making mine obsolete. I am thinking of replacing the door part while I can find the parts rather than wait 5-10 years and then trying to find the door. Is this a big deal to change? and does anyone know of a good place besides the dealership to get this part as I'm sure they'll be higher than hell for this part? Hp
Reply to
Hp

Nah - the whole cupholder assembly is held on with a couple of screws. First, remove the screw above the trash bag hook, then pull off the center bezel (give the hook a good yank, then work your way around the perimieter of the bezel, popping out the spring clips). Next, remove the trim cover on the transmission hump. This piece just detaches without any screws. Drop the cupholder down, and remove the two screws along the top, then close it back up, and remove four screws, two at the top and two at the bottom, that hold the assembly to the dash.

You're probably going to have better luck finding the entire assembly at a salvage yard (models from an '03 thru '05 will fit), rather than just the faceplate (which may or may not be removable). A new assembly from an online dealer runs about $37

If it were me, I'd just fine some caulking that matches the color, and fill the holes with that.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence