Dodge RAM 1500 maintenance - suggestions?

Hi there --
I have a 2003 Dodge RAM 1500, and someone told me recently I should get the timing belt and water pump replaced (even though there's nothing wrong with
them - or anything else on the truck - as far as I know).
Is this advice I received correct? Should these items be replaced in the course of normal maintenance even if there's nothing wrong with the truck?
I was also advised to change out the transmission fluid, power steering fluid, and rear differential fluid on a regular basis.
I have the oil changed every 3k miles and all the other fluids checked, but I've never had these things flushed and had all new fluids put in.
Do you agree that this should be done regularly for all vehicles? How frequently should these fluids be completely replaced?
Thanks for any information you can offer -- I'm fairly old but have never heard of anyone replacing these fluids and parts as normal maintenance, so I'm curious if those more knowlegable than me agree with this.
Happy Thanksgiving --
FA

Hi,
How many miles? I change these fluids every few years on all my cars and pickups. ATF has a limited life no matter what anybody tells you.

Scott: first start with the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual. That will be a good place to start. Fluids should always be replaced on a scheduled basis (transmission, differentials, transfer case if 4x4, brake fluid, PS fluid, engine coolant.) Any other fluids as well.
As to replacing timing chains and water pumps on a V8... Uh, I don't think so!
Also, what does the book say on oil changes... I bet it is not 3K miles, and that is probably much too frequent for this engine. Won't harm anything but the wallet, but using the book's values will be safe as well.
I'd say Peter D. and Steve W. hath spoken wisely. If there's nothing wrong with the water pump, there's absolutely no reason to replace it other than to give away some unneeded money. And changing the oil every 3,000 is nice, but again, not necessary. I change mine every 5K (and filter, of course), and even then it doesn't even look all that bad. So yes, preventative maintenance is good, but there's no need to go overboard.
FenderAxe wrote:

No timing belt. If the pump is OK leave it alone.

If a vehicle is operated under any of the following conditions it is considered severe service: - Extremely dusty areas. - 50% or more of the vehicle operation is in 32C (90F) or higher temperatures, or constant operation in temperatures below 0C (32F). - Prolonged idling (vehicle operation in stop and go traffic. - Frequent short running periods (engine does not warm to normal operating temperatures). - Police, taxi, delivery usage or trailer towing usage.
Automatic trans. bands: adjust every 30,000 miles Engine coolant: replace every 51,000 miles / 3 years PCV valve: inspect every 30,000 miles Accessory drive belt: inspect every 60,000 miles Automatic trans. fluid: replace every 30,000 miles Front axle fluid: replace every 12,000 miles Air cleaner element: replace every 30,000 miles Spark plugs: replace every 30,000 miles Transfer case fluid: replace every 36,000 miles Manual trans. fluid level: inspect every 3,000 miles Exhaust system: inspect every 3,000 miles Brake linings: inspect every 12,000 miles Rear axle fluid: replace every 12,000 miles Engine oil & filter: replace every 4,000 miles Engine coolant & hoses: inspect every 3,000 miles Brake hoses: inspect every 3,000 miles Steering linkage: lubricate every 3,000 miles
--
Steve W.