Dodge RAM 1500 timing belt/chain - need to replace it regularly?

Hi there --
I have a Dodge RAM 1500 quad cab 4x4, and I'm wondering about your opinions on whether I need to replace the timing belt/chain (not sure if it's a belt
or chain) at a specified point in time, such as after 6 years, 50k miles, or something like that.
I ask because my other vehicle required a timing belt replacement at 6 years, so I'm wondering if this is standard maintenance for Dodge trucks too.
Thanks --
FA

And the mystery engine is???

Sorry, my bad. It's the 5.9 liter V8.
FA

V8, chain, normally a lifetime component.

On a 5.2 or 5.9, you'll hear a funny low pitched rattle from the front of the engine at idle when the chain stretches and starts hitting the case. It'll still run forever but the noise is kinda annoying.
Denny

Fix: turn the radio up some more... <g> Ever had one wear through the cover/case?

Seen the inside of the case shined up a bit but never worn thru.
Denny

You have either a 5.2, 5.9, 4.7 or a 5.7 liter engine and they all have chains. No regular milage interval for replacement on timeing chains.
Denny

Great, thanks for the info Denny, much appreciated!
FA