Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Laramie 5.9 TD

Any ideas on whether these are any good as a general use vehicle with occasional heavy duty towing? I know there's fueel economy issues - the one I'm looking at is a 5.9 Cummins TD manual. Any hints, tips etc on what to
look for would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks
On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 23:37:29 GMT, "Matthew Millichap"

but . . .
I use my '98 3500 CTD Auto as a daily driver and get about 16 mpg. I'll be pulling a 15,000 lb fiver on a 2000 mile vacation trip next week and expect to get around 13 mpg.
Given those weights and that kind of MPG, I would say there are much in the way of fuel economy issues - it could be a V-10 getting around 10-12 solo.
Greg '98 3500 QC 4x2 Cummins ISB, Auto, 3.54:1, Driftwood with Leather and all the heavy duty options. '89 Nu-Wa Champagne Edition, 34 foot Fifth Wheel.

i use my 2005 2500 6 speed lwb truck as a daily driver and love it. im getting 19 mpg empty and around 15 towing, the only long trip tows ive done so far was into kentuky hauling a 99 durango on my equipment trailer (got 16) and then 2 weeks later helping my sister inlaw move from TN i hauled a truck full of her "stuff" and her 95 buick roadmaster on the same trailer (got 15). i also use the truck to move my farm tractor for bush work but thats local and havent noted any decrease in around town mpg numbers over the weeks when i dont move the equipment.
now ive had the 8.0L v10 and as gas motors go, it cant be beat for a truck motor. but bear in mind i was getting 10mpg empty and 6 towing with it.
with that said..........
There is NO comparasion between the Cummins and a gasser. NONE! everything i own is a oil burner =)
thats my 2 cents
--
-Chris
05 CTD