Dodge Ram Low Oil Pressure

Page 2 of 2

We moved to another shop and they also told us a bearing was loose. I am following you logic. Not sure if I will need to replace the pump too. With no pressure, would ATF be OK to put in there or should I change the pump and filter first??
< BIG SNIP>

Again, I (personally) would want to know exactly which bearing they are saying is loose and how they came to this determination.
If the reason you have no pressure is because the pick up is blocked by "sludge" you would want to clear that first to prevent any (further) damage to the engine. Also, I would ensure that the 0 pressure is not just because the oil gauge on the dash say 0, you may actually have some that it is not registering. (You may have done this already though, so disregard if you did)
If you are getting oil to the top of the engine, you should be ok to run the ATF through it. Do not run it for more then about 10 or 15 minutes, just like the engine cleaners.
Is the pressure still zero? I thought that it cleared up after you shut it down. If the pressure is still zero, then the blockage needs to be cleared enough to establish at least some flow for either trans fluid or motor flush to work. Trans fluid is much thinner than motor oil and can get into places that motor oil can't but if the pump is completely blocked, then it still will not flow. I would put a mechanical pressure gauge on it and make sure that there really is no pressure. Unless the pump was damaged, it just needs to be cleaned and the filter should be replaced as well.
"RRR" < snipped-for-privacy@sparkysdistribution.com> wrote in message
JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW I REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP, FILTER, AND PCV VALVE AND THE TRUCK RUNS FINE! FOR NOW...THANKS FOR ALL OF YOU BENG SO KICKASS AND TAKING THE TIME TO HELP! IT REALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE!!

Fuel pump???

They said the bearing was a little loose. They said replacing all the parts in the engine would cost as much as replacing the engine.

What bearing and how do they know this? There is no way to see a loose bearing.