Dodge Ram Low Oil Pressure

This in not normal nature for this engine because it means something was wrong when you put it in. It is a miracle that it has not had a rod bearing failure yet. It is one of the above (including improperly sized engine bearings from start)

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

He can charge more for changing it?

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

What bearing and how do they know this? There is no way to see a loose bearing.

Reply to
TBone

Is the pressure still zero? I thought that it cleared up after you shut it down. If the pressure is still zero, then the blockage needs to be cleared enough to establish at least some flow for either trans fluid or motor flush to work. Trans fluid is much thinner than motor oil and can get into places that motor oil can't but if the pump is completely blocked, then it still will not flow. I would put a mechanical pressure gauge on it and make sure that there really is no pressure. Unless the pump was damaged, it just needs to be cleaned and the filter should be replaced as well.

Reply to
TBone

Mine, with 50K miles and 10W-30, idles somewhere around 30-35 psi.

Reply to
Beryl

JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW I REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP, FILTER, AND PCV VALVE AND THE TRUCK RUNS FINE! FOR NOW...THANKS FOR ALL OF YOU BENG SO KICKASS AND TAKING THE TIME TO HELP! IT REALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE!!

Reply to
RRR

Fuel pump???

Reply to