Dodge Ram Van 3500 1-Ton

I just bought a very high mileage 1997 Dodge Ram Van 3500 with a wheelchair lift. Early indications are the front ball joints are shot. What other problems am I most likely to encounter with this vehicle? It
was formerly owned by a hospital. A spokesman told me it had been serviced every 3,000 miles. The engine runs good and the tranny sounds fine. Thanks for any insights you can provide.

I have a 1995 and as long as it runs and shifts fine i would concentrate on the front end, as you have, looking at the ball joints and tie rod ends. Mine had an electrical problem just after I got it but I think that was a result of squirrel activity. I carry hevy loads so I go through front brake linings every 25k miles or so. Where are you located? hre in NY rust is the most certain cause of death.
Thanks for your reply, Matthew. I'm in the Chicago area, so rust is a problem here, too. I'm hopeful the ball joint problems will be the only major problem I have.