Dodge RAM Windsheld Swap

I have a 1984 Dodge RAM D-100 in need of windshield. I have access to a 1979 Dodge D-150 parts truck... will the 1979 windshield fit my 1984?? I also have access to a 1974 Dodge van windshield and a 1980 Dodge
polaras windshield...
john doe wrote:

Well the interchange book says 72-93 take the same glass.
--
Steve W.

Thank you Steve....you have saved me a lot of money.. now if i can just figure out how to pull the glass without braking it...
BTW.. Any advice on how to pull old windshields without braking them will be most helpful... .. lol
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 01:03:17 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (john doe) wrote:

Don't have one to look at, but usually you just cut the gasket. You'd never want to use an old gasket anyway.
BTW, it is 'breaking', not 'braking' unless you want to stop the glass, which may break it.
PeterD wrote:

My best advice for pulling windshields without breaking them - DON'T. Call Safelite....
That truck will have the old style window gasket. Usually you can use a sharp THIN blade to cut the gasket. There are a few special tools that make the job easier. The first is basically a utility knife blade in a LONG handle.
The next is a tool that you can actually buy at HF, cheap. It's an aluminum handle with aright angle blade. It also has a T handle that you pull to move the blade.
For the cheapest way that works well, use a wire. Guitar strings work well. Use the smaller sizes.

--
Steve W.