Dodge Ram with Front Frame Rail Damage?

Page 2 of 2
Go directly to the Attorney General of the State or Province, they can tell you who will deal with that sort of thing. What that dealer did was nothing
short of bait and switch... "pay us for the truck THEN we'll let you in on the secrets...."
--
Max

Suddenly, without warning, Max Dodge exclaimed (29-Jul-06 6:44 AM):

I thought "bait and switch" was "pay us for this expensive thing and we'll sell you this other, cheaper thing instead"?
I'd definitely follow your advice. Good case too, sounds like the OP has the whole thing well documented.
jmc

I would also file a complaint with the BBB although they have no teeth, someone researching who to do business can see that there has been complaints about dishonest business practices against said company. these complaints list as resolved or unresolved, in the BBB files.
--
----------------------------
-Chris

Thats pretty much what they've asked him to do.... "buy this expensive truck, and we'll sell you this damaged not so expensive truck."
The AG's office is where all of this dealer sort of thing ends up in PA, I figure its gotta be a good place to start elsewhere. Documentation is the key... and the OP is in the driver's seat on this. I smell a free truck......
--
Max

tell
nothing
That is not a bait and switch Max. A bait and switch is when they present a deal that simply cannot be passed up and when you go for it, they then say that for whatever reason this deal is no longer available but we do have this other deal that is almost as good, maybe even better when in reality, the second deal is far less. What they are doing is flat out lying.

Sorta like a great price on the truck of their dreams?

Right, like when the dealer lowers the price on another truck to make the sale after being informed of the junk truck. (We're awfully sorry, can we offer this other truck to you at a better price?) Then the buyer spends in haste because they are all psyched up to make a purchase. (Sure, because we need a truck and we have cash in hand.)

Yeah, like they do in a bait and switch?
Oops, sorry, forgot that you know it all.
Ever been in the used car business, or just a buyer?
--
Max

present
Yea, but in this case they intended to sell them that particular truck for the quoted price. In a bait and switch, the item used for the bait is never the one to be sold or at least never at the initial deal.

reality,
Are we rewriting history here? The OP never said that the dealer offered them a different truck.

And that would be terrific if it happened that way but it didn't.

we
Once again, a good story but has nothing to do with the OP's situation.

But the difference is what they are lying about. In a bait and switch, they mislead the customer about the deal but in this case, they were lying about the vehicle.

Not all but once again, more than you.

I have never bought a used car from a dealer but that doesn't mean that I don't understand how it works from both sides.

Actually, thats exactly what it means. Nuff said.
--
Max

Actually, it means nothing at all as is the case with many of your posts. Perhaps there is a reason why I never bought a used car from a dealer. The fact that you didn't address any of my responses besides this one is what really says it all but feel free to respond again, we could all use the laugh.

I know of a 97 2x4 3500 CTD ex cab here in texarkana, or a 96 4x4 ex cab 2500 CTD, it is the same lot i got my 95 from, if you like i will give you his number catch me here: snipped-for-privacy@valornet.killall.com