Dodge Ram with Front Frame Rail Damage?

Just got to get nasty huh. Do it make you feel good???

Yes you do ignore the fact because you think that putting a 1300 lb motor into a light duty truck frame makes it a semi tractor and you are kinda lost here. I drove dump trucks in 70's as summer jobs while going to college for engineering degree and they were power by what you would call "wimpy" gas motors yet they regulaly hauled GVW's of 30 tons and more without fail and did a good job of it too. Why because they had the frame, tranny, and gears to go with the loads. Dodge uses same frame gas of diesel and you choice to ignore the effect of this extra weight in a crash and what it can do to frame shows to total lack of understanding and who really is clueless. Be it a 10 or 20 MPH impact, the frame will be twisted and torque with twice the energy on impact for the CTD mass vs a gas motor and that energy has to go somewhere. This is not about diesel sucks which you claim, it is about the physics here and the damage possible by it. Grow up and get a life!

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

snoman:

claming to know engineering and physics is different than knowing engineering and physics. you got the claiming part down, it is just the knowing part that you got all messed up. for me, the knowing part is what matters. that is why you don't.

Reply to
theguy

Stated facts are not nasty unless you don't like them.

Well, I think its you who are lost... its an 1100 lb engine, and the truck frame was designed with the engine in mind. Regardless of the frame classification, it'll take FAR more than what the engine weighs. I've had

7000 lbs in the bed of the truck, I doubt the 1100 lb engine will do anything to the frame that the sand bags or shingles did not.

SFW?

They use the same frame because its designed for the diesel, thus it will handle the gasoline engine easily.

The key word here is "possible". Its possible in any scenario to have massive damage due to collision. However, it is NOT possible to have massive damage simply because of the engine mounted on the frame.

Sage advice for one who cannot state a straight fact to save his own ass.

Reply to
Max Dodge

I have a new word

I have two new words.

JS

Reply to
JS

It would have been hard on his wallet because then he would probably have to lower the price some after admitting that this truck has had some structural damage.

Reply to
TBone

That is not a bait and switch Max. A bait and switch is when they present a deal that simply cannot be passed up and when you go for it, they then say that for whatever reason this deal is no longer available but we do have this other deal that is almost as good, maybe even better when in reality, the second deal is far less. What they are doing is flat out lying.

Reply to
TBone

Sorta like a great price on the truck of their dreams?

Right, like when the dealer lowers the price on another truck to make the sale after being informed of the junk truck. (We're awfully sorry, can we offer this other truck to you at a better price?) Then the buyer spends in haste because they are all psyched up to make a purchase. (Sure, because we need a truck and we have cash in hand.)

Yeah, like they do in a bait and switch?

Oops, sorry, forgot that you know it all.

Ever been in the used car business, or just a buyer?

Reply to
Max Dodge

Yea, but in this case they intended to sell them that particular truck for the quoted price. In a bait and switch, the item used for the bait is never the one to be sold or at least never at the initial deal.

Are we rewriting history here? The OP never said that the dealer offered them a different truck.

And that would be terrific if it happened that way but it didn't.

Once again, a good story but has nothing to do with the OP's situation.

But the difference is what they are lying about. In a bait and switch, they mislead the customer about the deal but in this case, they were lying about the vehicle.

Not all but once again, more than you.

I have never bought a used car from a dealer but that doesn't mean that I don't understand how it works from both sides.

Reply to
TBone

Actually, thats exactly what it means. Nuff said.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Actually, it means nothing at all as is the case with many of your posts. Perhaps there is a reason why I never bought a used car from a dealer. The fact that you didn't address any of my responses besides this one is what really says it all but feel free to respond again, we could all use the laugh.

Reply to
TBone