Dodge Ram2500 DTC??

Hi, I have a 1994 Dodge Ram2500 4x4 w/5.9L Cummins 5spd manual trans. I'm having power problems. I've turned the ign key on and off to trip the DTC (check engine light). Here's what I get;

Blinks three time, pause, blinks 5 times, pause, blinks 5 times. then out. Is this some DTC code?? I"m having trouble looking it up.

Thanks; Dave

Dave

Will this cause a problem. Since the dealer had the truck for the throttle link/ing wire upgrade. The truck will just idle fine, will crap out when I try to drive, loss of power, will die, than have to wait a few minutes, then truck starts up and limp home.

Thanks; Dave

Dave

No... what you got was a Code 12 (1 flash, pause, two flashes), that indicates the PCM has lost power at some point in the last 50 starts (means you disconnected the batteries, or disconnected the PCM). The Code 55 (which you read correctly) simply means "End of Codes". In other words, you have no stored diagnostic codes.

By power problems - are you talking electrical, or engine output?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

If it worked when it went to the dealer, or he was supposed to fix it, then take it back and tell him its not working right!!

Your symptoms sounds familiar, check to see that the wire harness got plugged into the APPS securely.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Hi, Max, Thanks for the info, but, whats the APPS ?

Thanks; Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hi, Max, Thanks for the info, but, whats the APPS ?

Reply to
Dave

In short, its the throttle position sensor, only it does a bit more on the Cummins trucks. It lives under the black plastic cover just forward of the intake plenum heater. If you check the wires and all is well connected, prepare for a $400 bill.

Reply to
Max Dodge

On a 12V? :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Actually didn't check what truck he had. Last I remember this topic, it was in reference to a '00.

Reply to
Max Dodge