dodge truck air

yeterday I thew the belt off ....it was needing replaced bad...parts of it got wrapped in air-cond. clutch...I removed it but now it seems its slipping....air isnt cool as normal.....worked great before the belt
broke...can you replace clutch without removing compresser...can you even buy just clutch...whats the trick if any to remove clutch......Thanks....Mike

Yes, it an be done. You'd have to unbolt the compressor from the mount, but it can remain in the vehicle, and the system can remain charged. You need a couple of special tools to do the job, however. Your best bet if you're going to do it yourself is to obtain a factory service manual.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Mike Cheek) writes:

Before you throw the baby out with the bathwater, check to be sure the clutch electrical cable is still plugged in to the clutch assembly and check to see that you possibly didn't break one of the wires. Does the clutch still engage and/or disengage when operating the A/C?
If the belt was as bad as you say I'm surprised it wasn't screeching like a banshee long (months) before it broke.
Make sure that you check the idler and tensioner pulleys and make sure that one of them is not on the way out and kicked off the belt.