Dodge truck bed - what years fit?

Hello,

Is there a web site that will list the parts interchangeability for the various years of Dodge trucks? I need to replace the truck bed of my 2002 CTD 3500 4x4 dually. Ideally, I would like to find a truck bed of the same year at a reasonable price, but have not been able to yet. Visually, a 1995 through 2002 'looks' the same, but I would prefer to know for sure before finding out that the bolt holes do not line up properly.

Final question: How easy are the truck beds to take on and off? What I would prefer to do is remove my truck bed, drive to where the replacement one is and then just bolt it on and drive home. Is that a reasonable expectation?

Thanks,

CJ ==

Reply to
61Panhead

That is possible, but it may take some work. You have the fuel filler, lights and wiring to consider. If the other bed is aleady off-that's a plus (no messing with rusted bolts...) and speaking of bolts, have new ones with you when you pick it up.

Don't forget that to drive over to pick it up, you will need lights and a plate!

Reply to
PeterD