Does any one know :

Neville MADDEN" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com from Austrailia?
I got an email from him and I think he's wanting to use my RV, which I don't have anymore, when he visits the US.
Apparently, he lurks here in aadt, but he could be someone phishing or just up to no good.
He quoted part of my reply to Nate.
Yes, I know it's open forum, but you gotta admit it's a bit weird.
Budd
On 10/22/2011 12:07 AM, Budd Cochran wrote:

Doesn't ring a bell, but RV rentals are common, though it would be fun to watch him drive off since he's used to driving on the other side of the road!
--
I'm never going to grow up.

from Austrailia?

I think he thought that either I'd rent him my RV or he was going to rent one when he hit our shores.
I have no prob with him renting one from a dealership that has the insurances to cover everything, but I would rather not rent my personal stuff out to a complete stranger ... even if I still had the beast.
But since he didn't post an answer to this group because of my concerns and explain a bit about himself, it give me less confidence in renting an RV to him.
I will say this: there are a few in the group I wouldn't hesitate to give the shirt off my back to, but not to a complete stranger that gives no inkling about himself except he's a Aussie.
Budd
from Austrailia?

Hey fellers take it easy on me.....Yes I am genuine. I have been to the US on three occasions , the first when I bought a Dodge Dakota and put a six pack camper in the back and drove off into the setting sun. 6 Months and 30,000 miles later I had seen most but definitely not all of the US. Even on subsequent trips I still haven't seen everywhere. The next trip will be to see what is left.
Nowhere did I mention renting and that is not my idea as I am aware of the insurance problems.
Renting from a business costs a bag of gold for a long term so I am better off staying in class motels and using a rental car unless I can purchase a smaller RV for a reasonable cost. I have friends in Iowa that I can leave it with and my kids can use it when they visit the US.
As far as driving on the wrong side of the road...my first experience was in Vietnam and depending on how much beer had been consumded determined which side of the road us Aussies drove on. I also live in the Philippines some of the year so I am totally used to driving on the right.
There are a gazillion RVs on Craigslist. I only wrote to Bud because he is a regular poster in this newsgroup.
Neville Still in Australia in Toowoomba Queensland
On 10/24/2011 3:47 PM, Neville MADDEN wrote:

I've lived years in SEA (Thailand) where they drive on the Aussie side of the road--and I know how hard it is to switch. Driving isn't hard, it is making turns! You turn, and instinctively go the the *wrong* side (hence my comment!) for the first few days. I once tried to do a traffic circle the wrong way too... Not too many cars so I survived that one.
Don't give up on rentals, I think there might be some cheap ones available...
--
I'm never going to grow up.

My problems wern't the side of the road but the left handed shifting, etc..

On 10/25/2011 2:21 AM, Mac Davis wrote:

I've signaled many a turn with my wipers!
--
I'm never going to grow up.

from Austrailia?

Neville,
First, I am not a "regular" poster. I post only when I can give an answer or need one. Besides, I was absent from the group for about 7 years.
I'm sorry I misunderstood your email, but in my defense it wasn't very clear what you did have in mind and with all the phising going on in the US I felt i needed to be careful.
Then add, also, that I think you're probably the first, if not one of the very rare few, from outside the US that have ever made any contacts with a member of a.a.d.t. And I think my "nervousness" was a bit justiified.
Again, my apologies.
Budd

And can't comprehend "Yea, that I walk through the valley of death......"
beekeep

And look who's quoting Scripture . . . . . . . .incorrectly, I might add.
Budd