Door seals Dodge 2500

Has anyone out there seen and or checked their front door seals nearest the rear view mirrors, on my new 2004 Quad cab the seals interfere with the door and have already broken. OK the dealer replaced them with new ones and the interference remains so they also will break in a few weeks. Dodge sure did some lousy Engineering on those seals, maybe someone needs to start a class action suite to get some redesigned seals on those doors. Emil

Reply to
Kurt

Ayah, last summer there was a thread here on that and I checked my

2004 2500 reg cab and the seals were damaged on both sides. Nice design work.

Anyway, the dealer offered to replace the seals but as they still did not leak and new ones would get quickly damaged, I left well enough alone. Once the seals were "notched" by the front door corner, they have stabilized and not gotten any worse. I may clean-up the notches with a sharp knife which is about all that can be done short of new doors.

Woody; 95FXDS

Reply to
Woody

There is a TSB out on this.

The same thing happened to my 2004 1500 QC. I put a strip of black electical tape over the spots on the seals that were starting to wear. It's a temporary fix to keep the damage from getting any worse and to buy me some time until I get off my lazy a$$ and get it to the dealer to have the seals replaced.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Bromley