Draining Dakota Coolant

Hi all, Figuring it's about time to change the coolant in my 2001 4.7 Dakota, I took off the shrouds from around the radiator. My manual says there
is a petcock at the bottom of said radiator, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I've had radiators before that required taking off the outlet hose to drain them, but on this one the hose is halfway up the radiator. Is removing the plugs from the block the only way to drain this thing?
Gary K. Conn.