Driver's door ??

Page 1 of 2
Drivers pw is making a bunch of noise when being raised or lowered. I suspect that what lube that was on the rollers has been worn off. Now for the question. On my earlier trucks the damn door clips were a one time item,
is that still the case? Have they changed the power window operation much from the 2K to the 05? If so I'll let the dealer do it under warranty. tia
Roy
Should be two small screws on the bottom of the door, one in the upper corner, one large one in the center near the handle and a 10mm that holds the door lever on. Then it should just lift up.

dealer is ordering it. As a aside, have you folks been noticeing that just about everything has to be ordered? They stock next to nothing for parts.
Roy

Having a large inventory is just having your money sitting on the shelf not working for you. I'm just glad McD's doesn't work that way.
FMB

drivers seat. Tysinger Dodge says they had to order it from a vendor. Is this normal? I sure wouldn't wait 4 weeks for a Big Mac.
Ron W.
The parts that you guys are mentioning seldom need to be replaced so why would they stock them? That is just killing money and valuable space that can be used stocking more needed and / or faster selling items.
"Ron Webb" < snipped-for-privacy@cox.net> wrote in message news:RnN4g.42$QE.15@dukeread10...

problem with is waiting 4+ weeks for a part. If Dodge makes a deal with a vendor for parts, I'd hope they'd have some something in the contract that specifies a delivery time of less than a month.
Ron W.
TBone wrote:

yeah....... like t-shirts, caps, jackets, and floor mats.
~:~ mm ~takes a toke.......ponders the consulting fee charged for figuring out the stocking level quanities and better utilization of space......~

I was talking about window regulators and seats but with the possible exception of diesel pumps, fuel pumps can be gotten just about anywhere so if they are a high cost item that is not often sold, it does kill their money stocking them. When my truck broke down a few months ago on the way to NJ, the dealer said he had the pump if it needed it so some do stock them.

was NOT due to the mounting bolts coming loose, I was enlightened by the dealer parts people that the smallest replaceable assembly in the seat unit is: THE ENTIRE SEAT! I vowed not to give in and buy one new instead I retrieved one from a junk yard for 90$ then just swapped on my leather from the broken one. They quoted over $500 for the new seat, uninstalled! On top of it all, I am convinced that the issue with mine was mostly due to poor design. I guess that complements a poor design that won't allow the owner or repair people to be able to remove and replace assemblies within the seat unit, why am I not surprised. I would have shoehorned in a ford or Chevy truck seat before I'd buy a new one on my nickel when I'd only had the car less than a year from the factory. Must have been designed by the same person who thought a good place to mount the ignition coil was "upside down" push on connectors on the bottom, with the coil mounted slightly in front of the exhaust manifold, likely the farthest place one could be located from the distributor too! Looks like my abs speed sensor is crapping out now, I get several dash warning lights sometimes when I apply the brakes.....oh well, maybe Toyota will buy Daimler Chrysler next week. regards, Joe.

Well if your selling big money trucks it would be nice to have the parts to keep them on the road. If your fuel pump or lift pump fails and the dealer doesn't have it on the shelf you are screwed for about 5 day's. That sucks if you are on vacation or a 100 miles from home.
Roy

Yeah, it does suck. Big time. But, the dealer makes more $ because his money isn't tied up in inventory. You (or I) will buy it from him if it were on the shelf or if we had to wait 5 days anyway (dealer only items).
FMB

As a point of info, the rule of thumb is a 90 day turn on inventory. Thus if you don't sell two of 'em in six months, you don't stock it! It's just doesn't make economic sense to stock stuff that doesn't sell. Since most D/C dealers are on a dailly DDS (Dealer Delivery System) and the parts depot has a 98% fulfillment rate you usually have the part the next day anyway.
We have over $750,000 in our parts inventory and are forever ordereing parts. The parts inventory is paid for by the dealer's cash money. Unlike the new car inventory, the parts inventory is not floor-planned thus the dealer principal is highly "motivated" to pressure the parts manager to stock only what is moving.
I know it doesn't help you Roy, but least now you know why.
Mike

Thanks Mike. Bet they stock parts for those heated seats though.<G>
Roy

im sure mike puts pressure on them to keep parts for the heated seats instock, just in case *grin*
--
-Chris
05 CTD

Yup, gotta keep the tush warm.
Roy

damn Roy, you expect a "parts department" to have parts???? what world do you live in?
<BFG>
--
-Chris
05 CTD

I know. Silly me.<G>
Roy

writes:

Makes sense to me. That's a fairly uncommon part to need replaced. When I had both cylinder heads replaced on my '97 Ram they had to order them too, and I live in Houston, 4th largest city in the USA. According to their parts locator computer, not a single one of the 23 Dodge dealerships (yes, 23) in the greater metro area showed any cylinder heads in stock for the extremely common 5.2L (318) V8.
Any inventory of unsold parts sitting on the stockroom shelves longer than about 45 days is costing the dealership money. Money that's tied up in inventory that isn't moving. It's a whole new mindset today than it was 20 years ago.
If the parts aren't immediately on hand it's no sweat off the dealer's brow, merely an inconvenience for the customer.