Driver's door window molding removal

Hi, I have an '04 3500 Ram with factory Towing mirrors. I broke the driver's side mirror and have a replacement. The problem is how do I remove the
plastic molding to effect the swap without destroying it? Two of the 3 mounting screws are clear, but the top door molding is probably held by clips. In which direction should I apply force and how? Steve

If you are talking about the small plastic molding directly on the inside of the door opposit the mirror, it comes off with the door panel. It is attached to the door panel. To take it off of the door panel, you must first take off the door panel.
Hope this helps, sorry if I misunderstood your ???
FMB (North Mexico)

Door Trim Panel - Removal
1. Remove the interior handle 1a. Remove the screw from the underside of the handle and remove the inside handle. 2. Remove the screws at the mirror flag and near the inside handle (2 screws)
CAUTION: Trim panel is attached to the door using hooks molded into the panel. Do not pull the trim panelstraight off or damage to the panel and/or power switch assembly may occur
3. Lift the trim panel up off the belt seal and attachment hooks and separate panel from the door slightly 4. Disconnect the power window switch electrical connector and remove trim panel
Side View Mirror - Removal
1. Remove door trim panel (above) 2. Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the nuts 3. Squeeze the electrical connector tabs and remove the mirror
Download the entire service manual: http://www.hemitruckclub.com/04manual/19078-dr_intlpdf.pdf
Tom, Thanks for the tip. The total task took 20 minutes with no problems encountered. Steve