Durango 02 humming noise when wheel turns to right

my car makes a humming noise but only when I turn my wheel to the right . any ideas ? have dodge durango 2002 4x2

Reply to
coley

"coley" wrote: > my car makes a humming noise but only when I turn my wheel to > the right . any ideas ? have dodge durango 2002 4x2

Hey Coley,

I just bought a 2005 Durango last week and mine is also making a buzzing noise when turning to the right. It seems to be mostly when I accelerate from a stop. One thing that happened to me was the steering locked up on me while making a right hand turn. Luckily I was in the bank so there was not traffic. I turned the car off and then back on and it was fine, but it went right back to the dealer. They found that there was a burr on the rack and pinion system and replaced the entire thing. I thought for sure that it would also fix the buzzing but it did not. So I am calling them tomorrow. It does not sound very important, almost like a plastic piece buzzing from engine vibration, so I am going to turn up the radio until they fix it, let me know what you find out, I?ll do the same. Woody

Reply to
Woody