Durango

I have a friend I can't talk into a CTD so she is looking into getting a Durango. (Think soccer mom with a 3 year old)
Is there any particular thing to steer clear of or really look closely at?
She won't be towing any trailers. Looking for advise and recommendations... thanks,
FMB (North Mexico)
FMB wrote:

Get a 2004+. The 2nd Gen Durangos are FAR superior to the prior models. Don't bother with the V6. It is anemic at best. I'd opt for the Hemi even though she doesn't tow. It's much nicer to drive with considerable power over the 4.7L V8. MPG differences are almost insignificant. If you live where it snows go for the 4x4, at least the AWD (no need for PT 4WL in most cases). Even though she won't tow you might look for one with the tow package. It has a heavier duty alternator and auxiliary cooler which can add years to the engine and tranny.