durango ball joints

Hi all, we have a side job coming up to replace ball joints on a 1998 durango it's the upper ball joints,but he wants to replace all 4. But I was wondering, I heard something about a recall or warranty or
something. Does anyone know if this would apply to the 1998 durango, I don't think he is the orginial owner though, but it might not matter. thanks, Tony D.
Recall Applies to 2000 + I believe. "ANTHONY

RICHARD wrote:

Thanks Rich,Think I read that in a GS, I can use the money, but I don't want him to have to pay parts/labor if he didn't have to. Thanks, Tony D.
ANTHONY DIODATI wrote:

BTY haven't looked at the truck too well yet, are these a pressed in ball joint, or possibley pressed in lower and rivited in top?? Thanks, Tony D.
I went through the WHOLE THING when I bought a Dakota for my wife. The only thing Dodge will reimburse you for is a TRW replacement ball joint for the uppers @ $35 each. They are riveted in and were fairly easy to replace. I got a air hammer from a parts store and did it myself (all 4) on a Saturday. BTW, buy MOOG. You can lube those, but you can't lube TRW. Joe