Durango drivetrain noise

What are the symptoms of a wheel bearing going bad? I have a groaning noise coming from the rear of the truck after stopping for the first time following highway driving. I drive about 30 miles to work on the
highway with no noise at all. After I stop at a light on the off ramp, while pulling away from a dead stop, I hear a creaking or groaning for about 100 feet. Then it goes away as long as I'm doing city driving. Any ideas??? Thanks, Mark