Durango engine cutting out

Anyone know why a 2004 5.7 hemi 4x4 SLT engine would cut out during normal turning. I have had this happen twice in two months.

First time I was stopped and then made a left turn and made it into the lane and then the engine cut out on me and I was lucky that the traffic in front had stopped. Put it in Park and started the engine and drove off with no problems.

Second time sort of the same I was in a car park and was turning into my space and the engine cut out. Started fine and no problems afterwards.

Anyone else experience this or know what maybe wrong? I know what the dealer will say if I bring it that they cannot reproduce the problem but I'll have them do an inspection anyway just because it's a safety issue and they should not charge me.

Thanks

Reply to
M Burnside

I had a problem with my old 2003 2500 Hemi. when I started it and put it in gear it acted like it was only running on 12 plugs instead of 16. Lack of power and such. I would just pull over and turn it off/on and everything would be fine. I assumed it was the computer doing something funny. WHen I bought my SuperChips Tuner and installed the programs, it never happened again.

Soooo, see if you can get the dealer to flash the bios for you.

Reply to
MoParMaN

It is a known common problem that has occurred with numerous 2004 Durangos. The NHTSA has opened an investigation number PE05027. On NHTSA's website there are numerous complaints filed regarding this issue. Bring printouts of NHTSA's reports to your dealer so they can't deny it being an issue.

I have a 2004 Durango Hemi 4x4 I bought in Aug. 2004 and have never experienced this issue. There are public discussions on this matter on

and

miles