Durango Steering Wheel "Thump"

My 99 Durango has had a "thump" or knock in the steering column since I had the heater core replaced. I think the shop either knocked the column out of alignment or left something loose when they had the dash torn out, but several trips back to the shop have done no good. I have tried to re-align the column using a TSB I found on line, but it did not help. The column thumps about every 1/4 turn in either direction. It also feels like it catches or grabs on something. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
willobi

======== ========

Any suggestions? yer shure?

ok.......

have your brother-n-law call up the shop informing them that he's an attorney from a neighboring town, and that his secretary is on the way over with some paper work he may find significant if he's unable, or unwilling to remedy the problem he caused on your truck. Then hang up.

then.......

have yer sister carry over some bullshit piece of paper that you typed up on the internet (do a google) that's fairly legal looking and ominous in it's threats of justice.

then...... wait for his telephone call.

or....... carry it to another shop and have it checked out, because if you can't change a heater core, you danged shure don't wanna be mess'n around with some- thing as serious as your steering.

~:~ MarshMonster ~hopes you meant any...when you posted any...because yer gonna git many any's~

Reply to
Marsh Monster