E-85 in my V-10?

I see E-85 is slowly getting more popular in my area, I was wondering what the worst that could happen if I burned that in my 1999 Dodge V-10. Would it take a conversion kit? If they exist yet or a "chip" in the computer Ect. Anybody used this stuff in their truck? Just fishing for answers Thanks, Tom

Reply to
Tom Allemani

It will not work, ECM does not support it and your fuel system does not either. It would raise heck with seals and some plumbing as well. Beside, it has a lot less energy content too so you will use more of it as well.

SnoMan
87E10 is what's being sold locally (in Texas) and in Iowa they're selling 89E20. According to ACE (American Coalition for Ethanol) a 10% ethanol blend exacts a 1.5% reduction in MPG and a 20% blend reduced mileage by 2.2% average.
Reply to
RamMan