Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Page 2 of 2
You might be correct about people convincing themselves that a part is better than OEM to justify their spending. I am guilty of that myself. :-)
I know the following:
1) The paved roads I drive are worse than dirt roads.
2) The OEM shocks are beating me to death. Which only adds additional fuel to my tendency towards road rage. :-)
A smoother ride would be nice without creating more role than I already experience when cornering.
I don't know the price of OEM shocks. The IAS are $75 each. The Bilsteins are about $100 each.
Craig C.
Steve Lusardi wrote:

I was/am happy about the Rancho 9000's I put on my '03 CTD QC 4x4 LB. Since they are adjustable, I like them for everyday driving and for each of the 10k mile trips I've been on with the 5th wheel. If I were to do it again, I'd do it again.
FMB (North Mexico)

$100/ea. ?? Geno's has them for $69/ea.
I got my Bilsteins for $75 each. Hunting around will most likely net you a better deal.
But after rading your comment I guess I wouild have to agree that if the there are some porr roads I've been on that cause problems.....mostly very porr conditions approaching stop lights where there are a ton of repetitive humps. Other than that though, I've been completely happy with my Bilsteins and have zero complaints. And they have outlasted the OEM units by more than I can even remember.
Laszlo Almasi

Edelbrock makes some real good engine components. They have stuck their name on somebody's shock. I have heard both good and bad about them, guess they are like anything else. I've used Monroe on my trucks and was real happy with them. I found the stock shock to be pretty much shot after a year. snow plowing does put a strain on shocks but the Monroes seem to hold up well after a few years use. They are decent for some off road use as well.
Tom L commented on the Bilsteins. I have a friend that has them on a truck and loves them, he's soo anal that if they didn't work they'd be gone. Bilsteins came as a factory shock on a few of the Corvettes I 've had, they certainly got the job done on that application.
Roy