Edffects of overloading truck??

I have an '03 Ram 1500 pickup with the 4.7 engine and auto transmission. I picked up a pallet of concrete stones that I use to build a retaining wall
yesterday. I thought that they would weigh about 1500 pounds and I wasn't too worried about damaging the truck.
When they lowered the pallet onto the truck, it really dropped and I know that it was more than 1500 lb.. I drove home, about 8 miles at speeds lower than 30 mph and didn't see any adverse effects.
My question to the experts. Did I do any damage to the truck with this overload that I might be able to observe by looking underneath?
Don
Pinehollow wrote:

No, don't worry about it. I've seen these trucks get really abused for long periods of time and do fine.
--
.boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

OK, thanks. I weighed the blocks and each was 24 lb.. I had 112 of them so with the pallet, it was about 2700 lb.. It did seem to drop the rear end of the truck over a foot when it was loaded. It had me concerned!!
Don

Damn.... assuming 300 pounds of driver and assorted stuff in the cab, you had 1 1/2 tons on a 1/2 ton pickup.. must be "Ram tough"...
I wouldn't turn my back on it for a while, it might be pissed.. *lol*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
I had a brand new 02 2wd dakota club cab for work-and a work owned truck...used it to pick up a yard of loam for my house....Mr. Fleet manager-safety guy driving the trailer hitch home with 3000 lbs. of wet loam in the back of a dakota....talk about crying while you drive..but I really needed the loam :) You'd be surprised how much steering you don't have when you put that much over....NEVER AGAIN

Might be the first street stock Dak to pull a wheelie.. *g*