edge juice with attitude

'01.5 cummins powered 2500 4x4, 140,000 miles. i need a little additional power and can get an edge juice with attitude new in the box for $560. i was originally just going to get the edge power adder but when i saw the price on the juice with attitude i told him to order it for me. in hind sight im wondering if this is a bit "much" for an otherwise stock truck with

140,000 miles (automatic tranny in great condition)?

i know this has been discussed previously, but things change and improvements are made. what torque converter and other upgrades would be recommended? whats the best option for lift pump issues? thanks,

Nathan In Montana

Nathan W. Collier

Well, certainly you can't consider it fully broken in, but I'm sure that you will be OK... Just drive it a bit easy for the next 100K miles, then when broken in, give it hell!

Really, I think only you can make the decision wether the engine is still strong enough...

Reply to
PeterD

Nate, I have an '01.5 truck, six speed with the Juice Attitude and really like it. Integrated mounting solution and awesome feature set with integral gauges as you've noticed.

If you'll take it easy you may never have a trans problem. If you run on the higher power settings all the time you'll want a low stall torque converter. Had I kept my '96 I might have gone with a DTT transmission and converter. Bill has a special stator built rather than using a cut down stocker that kills low end torque giving the impression of a low stall converter some of the others used.

I'd also put in a Transgo shift kit, it might help duratbility a bit.

When my lift pump fails I'll be going with a FASS system.

Reply to
BigIronRam