Efficient methods of parting out a vehicle

I've decided to part out my 89 D50 Ram, rather than repair the engine. I'm wondering if there is a way to do a reverse look up for auto parts. I want to know which models/years or what other vehicles a particular part will fit.

Reply to
Ivan

I don't see many D50's on the street anymore. I'd suggest you advertise nationally to reach the most people...Ebay comes to mind.

The sum total of its parts are worth many many times more than what you can get for the entire vehicle. Good luck

Reply to
Advocate

========= =========

You know, I've got this old TV set I've been thinking of doing the same thing with........

so.... if you don't mind.......

let me know how this works out for you.

you know... keep a log of all the time and effort for me, then do a repost when all the parts are gone, or untill you gits frustrated.........

so's I can make an intelligent decision on whether or not I want to do it with my TV set.

cuz....... lifes reeeeelly kinda short you know, and if I can just junk it out for a couple of bucks to buy some fish'n bait with..... then I'm liable to save myself all that time and aggrevation and jest take the money and fill up the ole boat motor and have myself one extry fish'n day before I die.

but....... if it all works out well for you.... I may be a tight enough ass to spend all the effort to let someone come and yank it apart for $5 a tube...... you know, cuz....i ain't gonna do it, that would take away from my fish'n time. And besides...I'll be a bit busy answer'n all the bullshit phone calls from folks with no money, weeding through the perspective sales, and answer'n their funny off-topic questions........to go yank'n the parts off for them.

so.....please..... if this thing works out good for you.......

oh......fk..it...........

who am I try'n to fool............

I still wouldn't waste my time with it..........

but.....i do hope it works out well for you.

~:~ MarshMonster ~suggests you sale the truck as is.....use the money to come on down to

pensacola and watch us blow the hell out of a aircraft carrier and sink it~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I detect sarcasm in your post. But that's okay, I've already considered all the drawbacks you seem to be subliminally implying.....unless I'm reading you wrong. I am still motivated to see this truck recycled as much as possible. So here is the first installment of my experience to recycle my truck. Captains Log; Stardate 00:7:25,23/04/06AD I ran an ad for the truck in my local newspaper on Saturday. The ad was hidden under an obscure heading because I had other stuff for sale as well. The first day I received seven calls about the truck. Demographics for the callers are mostly:

*young man needing a restore project for an auto repair course *mechanically inclined current owners of D50/Mitsubishi trucks looking for a part truck *mechanical entrepreneurs who buy_repair_resell.

What contributed to the strong interest my D50? It could be the reputation of the 2.6L...simple and easy to work on, good gas consumption (gas prices are crazy stoopid in Canada). It could be the clean sporty appearance. It could be the tuffiness of the body.

My motivation is to see a perfectly good truck in the hands of person(s) with skills to use the parts or the whole truck. I'm turning this into a project , but I don't want to waste too much time dispensing of the truck. I'm looking for the smartest, most time efficient system of doing this thing. There are to many newer parts and the frame/ body is in to good of shape to "give it to the wreckers"...(best offer from a wrecker was $75). Sure, throwing this truck away would be the cheapest and easiest thing to do, or with a little effort it could put a smile on the face of someone who is deserving and able to keep it running. As far as wasting my time with people with "no money or off topic calls" (as you suggested)...hey you'd be surprised what you can learn and the interesting people you meet. Some people call it networking. I call it extending yourself. If the person has no money and I think he deserves a break, they'll get the part for free. When are you bombing the aircraft carrier? might be interesting to watch eh?. BTW, where the heck is Pensacola? Is that in the USA or sumpin...y'all?

Reply to
Ivan

pensacola is in Florida. here's a link to mapquest

i also would like to know when they are sinkin the ship and what flat top are they gonna sink? i didnt know any had been decomissioned recently.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Don't do it! Fix it! rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson

=========== =========== good detective instincts.

lol

I like that free parts scenario, good form, good character.

any whooooo.......

I believe we shall be blowing up the vessel next month. That's the last I heard. But, they keep changing the date.

It would have gone down by now, but you came through here and it had to be hauled to Texas to git it out of harms way. (and I lost my electricity for near 3 weeks)

USS Orinsky. She's gonna be a fishing/diving reef.

~:~ Marsh ~remembers the last time Ivan came to p-cola....he was doing 160mph~

Reply to
Marsh Monster