Election Results

Page 4 of 6  
TBone wrote:


You have never defined enough for anyone. All you ever say is tax the hell out of anyone that has more than your perceptions of enough. No actual thought out determining factors to derive what is enough and no workable steps in determining what exactly to do if someone makes more than enough. Lets hear your tax plan with formulated reasoning behind it. Your only BS is "they're greedy, tax them some more". Good plan.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Once again, you are unable to answer even a simple question.

Oh really. And what exactly is the issue it intended to solve?

And where exactly would you form these breakdown and by what criteria??

Why not?

I agree with you but also feel that it would be far to complicated to implement and be far to subject to corruption.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

I did many times. People should be able to make what their abilities allow them. You've been two-faced on the matter. On one hand you blast them like crazy, say they need to be taxed higher, prevented from making more than some magical amount called 'enough' etc. On the other hand you have stated you do not want limits imposed on how much someone can make even though your wishes would have exactly that effect.

According to you the issue is to prevent people from making more than 'enough'.

Because of the following.

A higher tax simply based on price alone would hurt people of all income brackets for the reason above.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Hey Tbone... Marxism, Communism, Socialism... Rename it as often as you like, it has never worked...and never will.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
HeatWave wrote:

He doesn't believe what he keeps wanting is any of those because he has little knowledge of them. His wishes are exactly what such systems aimed to achieve....and failed.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Well he should enlighten himself on what it is he is preaching.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Which of course means nothing. You have yet too define how much can anyone be able to actually make rather than just being in a position to simply take it. Why is that Miles??? Perhaps because you are in somewhat of a similar position and your greed will be seen for what it is and nothing more.

Not at all. Your extreme bias simply doesn't allow you to see the difference.

It has nothing to do with either magic or punishment and the fact that you are unable to even define enough shows your pure greed and complete lack of concern for anything else but yourself. The simple thing is that if you want to take the most then you pay the most and if you take so much that society becomes unable to function, then you pay until it does. If you don't want to get what you think as screwed on your taxes, then pay your workers a living wage and the need for those taxes will drop accordingly. And as an added bonus, the demand for your and other companies services will grow as well allowing you to make even more money and with a lower tax burden. It really is funny that you greedy pricks can't see that.

As I said, your bias does not allow you to see the difference.

What are you even talking about? Your creative editing has removed all meaning from this statement.

And where exactly would these dividing lines take place. Would the rich then further corrupt it be defining classes of cars where a high line economy car would be taxed higher than a low line mega-luxury car, LOL!!

I think that any form of it would be harmful since the rich don't actually spend anywhere near what they take and it would once again put the biggest burden on those that can afford to support it the least.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
<Incoherent blather snipped>
I guess if you are a "greedy prick" who happens to make $1,000,000 bucks a year, I guess paying 350,000 in "federal income taxes alone" isnt good enough. I guess the other 650,000 will never ever get spent in society and taxed again and again. It will just stay tucked under the matress! Muahahaha! <roles eyes> I'd rather be a "greedy prick" than a "jealous socialist sociopath" who thinks the goverment can and should act as some sort of Robin Hood who thinks it can spend my money better. You can take 35% of my income, heck 50% of my income and give it away to people poorer than I, but then I will have no money to spend to support "their" jobs thus they become jobless and I now become poor. Except for the fact everytime my taxes go up I pass the cost onto my customers, just like every other greedy prick. ;-) We can look at france and see how well socialist ideas have been playing out. Non to well obviously.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
HeatWave wrote:

The UK is having trouble keeping up with the high cost of socialism. They are having to cut funding for free college in order to pay for free health care for instance. Tax rates are already absurd in the UK so they have trouble hiking taxes further. No way do I want that kind of system here.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Neither do I but the level of greed form people like yourself will probably make it a reality in a few years.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Not mine. It is your greed and political absurdity that is pushing the USA down that path. You want more regulation, more wage control, more socialism and more of what someone else has. All you've done is say we need the very things the UK's system has. Now all of a sudden you say you don't? Good grief.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yes, yours. It is people like you and your greed that forces the gubberment to pass reguations to protect the masses.

My greed.... me personally..... WOW, I didn't know I had such power, LOL!!!

Is this really the best that you can do???? It is not a matter of what I want, it is what is becoming needed due to the greed of people like yourself. The sad fact is that as more and more of these regulations were eliminated by the right wing congress of the past 12 years, the middle class has gotten smaller and smaller and the larger percentage went down in social standing, not up and the masses are getting tired of it.

Spin it all you want to, it still doesn't change the situation and the people have spoken, even under the right wing spin of fear of terrorist attack if the left got any control.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Yes you and the rest of your ilk. Your greed, yes greed of wanting something thats not yours. If you think it is so easy to do what people who make a high salary do then go do it yourself.

It isn't needed. Your logic will not help the economy as you seem to think. Your knowledge of economics has been shown over and over to be rather lacking. For instance, you think the most effective way to raise federal revenue is always to raise tax rates. That TBone, is an indication you do not understand what drives the federal reserves and what has the greatest effect on what it receives.

The Dems won't deliver what the voters expect. Not even close. The issue(s) they voted on were not liberalism at all. On local issues nationwide the more liberal democrat sponsored propositions mostly failed. The Dems do not have the answers to what people voted for. Time will tell.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

The issues locally were not of Democrat or Republican, but of who actually had the conservative values. Don Sherwood most certainly did not.
As to the Democratic leaning in Washington, I think the idea was to balance the far overboard crap that the top of the republican party is prone to lately. Moderates want stem cell research, moderation in religious rhetoric, and a bit less in the area of taxation.
The sole reason I voted FOR Bush in 04 was because he was intent on lowering cap gains and getting rid of "death" taxes. I hope he is still able to do this.
However, on the other side of the coin, he's dumped us into a war that cannot be won (duh!, his DAD knew it!).
Flip the coin again, and you'll see that Gore wouldn't have done near as much to go after the source of the 9/11 attacks.
Sadly, when it comes right down to it, Bush isn't a very good republican either.
I'd take a moderate Republican over Bush, and a Conservative democrat over a liberal anything.
--
Max

Join www.devilbrad.com and find out what free exchange of info is all about.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Max Dodge wrote:

Not with Dems controlling congress. They want any form of higher taxes they can get.

I believe things would be far worse with Gore or Kerry in the WH. Edwards would cause major problems if allowed.

Very true. He's not a conservative in any way.

Same here except party members generally do not act as an individual. If they are democrat they go with the parties votes, same with republican. Only a handful are ever strong enough to vote based on their own beliefs.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

LOL, no, they just want to balance the budget without screwing the majority of Americans, something the Reps have long forgotten how to do.

What you believe and what you can prove are two very different things. The point is that we will never know and our current President did not deserve a second term.

LOL, and what exactly is your definition of conservative. Sorry Miles, he is very much a full blown conservative. He is just not bright enough to lie well like many of the others in politics.

That is because they are party members. If you want someone to act as an individual, elect an independant but people like you would never do that.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Actually, both sides want to balance the budget, but both sides forget that notion when their pet projects lose funding.

If you believe the "history repeats itself" comment you invoked in a previous post, it might interest you to know that Kerry wanted to increase troops in Iraq. This parallels another Democrat, Lyndon Baines Johnson, who increased troops in Vietnam. Now, if you wish to convince me that increasing troops in a war without context and against an enemy hidden among the population, all while attempting to keep "collateral damage" to a minimum, is a good idea, you'll have to erase the late 60's.
The answer to your supposition that Bush didn't deserve a second term is a question: Why did the Democrats deserve to have a chance at the White House at that point? Further, since its the Dems who are trying to reinstate the draft, perhaps you have an answer for that situation as well. The fact is, we shouldn't be in Iraq on the scale we are now. In general, the Republicans are more apt to follow the advice of the experts, the Generals. Until he was re-elected, Bush was doing so. Kerry screamed that he had a solution. Then he screamed that he had a solution again. And he kept saying he had a solution, but all he talked of was putting more of our military on the line.
The real question here is: Are we as a nation, no matter who is driving the ship, going to learn that 15 years of Vietnam was too many and figure out an exit strategy to the Iraq situation before we hit the 10 year mark?

Actually, Bush is not a conservative. Conservatives believe in less government; Bush created another Cabinet position, shoved the Patriot Act through Congress, and spent millions on "Homeland Defense" positions throughout the nation.
As far as the lying part... by others, do you mean Clinton? Is that what it takes to impress you?

Actually, people like the two parties would never allow an independant on the ballot if they can do it.
--
Max

Join www.devilbrad.com and find out what free exchange of info is all about.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Middle class tax rates were considerably higher under Clinton than they are now. Besides, raising rates will not automatically result in higher revenues but you seem to not understand that concept.

Bush a conservative????? ROFL!!! Oh now thats funny.

You mean like Lieberman? Oh wait, he said he'd caucus with the Democrats. So much for being independent.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And this has what to do with what???? Lets see some numbers. The point is that he did not make unrealistic tax cuts that we cannot afford which results in massive cuts of needed services causing a substantial increase in the cost of living to those who can afford it the least.

LOL! Tax cuts for the rich don't either. Actually, LOL, it was on the news yesterday that the huge gains in tax revenue were from the Amnesty and active prosecution of tax invaders, to the tune of around 40 billion and not from the crap you spew out about the cuts doing it.

All for the rich, screw everyone else, pretty much like you, yea.... he is a conservative alright.

Lieberman ran as an independant because the idiots in the Democratic party ran someone else and did it because he did vote as an individual so yes Miles, he is an excelent example.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving




Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

He stated publicly that he will not be voting in congress as an individual independent. Nice try.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.