electric block coolant heater

does anyone know if an electric coolant heater is available for the cummins diesel ? The type I'm referring to has an electrode like a household hot water heater that is placed into the cylinder block. By plugging in the heater the coolant is preheated to avoid cold starts in frigid conditions.

Reply to
djwitmer

Most Cummins come with a block heater.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

You can buy the cord from Cummins or Dodge. Or eBay, check out listing #

250079862889. Or search for Cummins cord.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

What year is your truck?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

if i remember wright there was one called zerostat block heater it goes in one of the freeze plugs holes. use only that style heater dont use the kind u put in the heater hose or the one that goes in the radiator hose they are junk i have a block heater on my gm diesel what i do with mine is i use a timer a indoor-outdoor timer i leave for work at 6am i have the timer turn on at 4am and shut off at 7am you only need to worm up the block for a couple hours you dont need it running all night long. i have the electrical cord laying out side so when i get home i plug it in and go in side and at 4am it turns on

Reply to
rick505

Hmmmmm....Ya must work close to home or have one hell of a long cord.

Reply to
Roy

To whomever posted the eBay listing...Are you saying that my 2004.5 has the block heater, I just need this cord? thanks

Reply to
Dimbo Spams

I think all the late model Cummins have the block heater. It is found on the top forward passenger side of the block. Just buy the power cable and feed it forward to the grille. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

yup that's the way my 05 was.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

My 2004, as well.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

hey Craig! how ya doin man?

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Get a flashlight & look around behind the radiator support on the passenger side. Mine was well hidden as the previous owner didn't use it. You should be able to follow the cord back from the middle of the engine block on the passenger side about half way down.

Reply to
617211