electric block coolant heater

does anyone know if an electric coolant heater is available for the cummins diesel ? The type I'm referring to has an electrode like a household hot water heater that is placed into the cylinder block. By
plugging in the heater the coolant is preheated to avoid cold starts in frigid conditions.

Most Cummins come with a block heater.
Roy

You can buy the cord from Cummins or Dodge. Or eBay, check out listing # 250079862889. Or search for Cummins cord.
Al

What year is your truck?
if i remember wright there was one called zerostat block heater it goes in one of the freeze plugs holes. use only that style heater dont use the kind u put in the heater hose or the one that goes in the radiator hose they are junk i have a block heater on my gm diesel what i do with mine is i use a timer a indoor-outdoor timer i leave for work at 6am i have the timer turn on at 4am and shut off at 7am you only need to worm up the block for a couple hours you dont need it running all night long. i have the electrical cord laying out side so when i get home i plug it in and go in side and at 4am it turns on

Hmmmmm....Ya must work close to home or have one hell of a long cord.

To whomever posted the eBay listing...Are you saying that my 2004.5 has the block heater, I just need this cord? thanks

I think all the late model Cummins have the block heater. It is found on the top forward passenger side of the block. Just buy the power cable and feed it forward to the grille. Steve

yup that's the way my 05 was.
--
-Chris

My 2004, as well.