ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH THERE 1996 DODGE 1500 P/U. WHEN GOING TO START TRUCK, I GET A CLICK SOUND LIKE THE BATTERY IS LOW. I HAD THE BATTERY AND ALTERNATOR CHECKED OUT, ALL IS FINE WITH THEM.

Reply to
HDTT

a stuck Caps Lock key? Yes... clean the keyboard.

It's not uncommon for the contacts in the starter to wear out. If the battery is good, and the battery cables are in good condition (should check these - very common for them to develop corrosion), then the starter should be pulled, and the contacts replaced (at a minimum), or simply put in a new/reman'd starter.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

NO, BUT...if you have not replaced the battery cables and the cable to the starter you could try that, or measure what the voltage drops to at the starter when you try to crank it over, compared to what the voltage is at the battery terminals under the same conditions. You might have some corrosion inside the cable near where the ends are crimped or soldered that is hidden from view externally. good luck, Joe.

Reply to
Joe Brophy

Sounds like a starter going out.

Reply to